‘Read my Buddy’: a collaborative peer reading programme
‘Read my Buddy‘ (RmB) is a collaborative reading programme aimed at transforming moderate readers into fervent readers and helping them to become better learners, through mentoring by peers and teachers.
- To transform moderate readers into fervent readers through a guided and collaborative reading approach.
- To understand and assess the reading habit and skills of a student through creating a Reading profile.
- To find and apply strategies to improve the reading and learning skills of a moderate reader who also may be a slow learner.
- To provide personalized learning support to all participants by seamlessly giving access to required information resources available in and outside the library.
- To collaborate with teachers for mentoring the participants and make them perform better in scholastic and non-scholastic areas.
- To promote collaborative learning in a library oriented learning environment.
- To make reading an enjoyable and lifelong activity by connecting two likeminded people.